Splash Owners Association
Rules & Regulations
Revision Number 3
The pleasantness of condominium living is greatly enhanced by a congenial atmosphere in which all residents have proper regard for the comfort of others. For this reason, these rules and regulations have been adopted by the Splash Owners Association, Inc. in order to assure owners and their guests that the condominium property will be properly used for the benefit of all residents. All owners are requested to cooperate with each other in seeing that the rules and regulations are observed. These rules and regulations apply to all owners and guests.
GUEST REGISTRATION – link to downloadable Registration Form
- All guest parties must register with the HOA registration desk upon arrival and pay registration fee
- All guest parties must obtain parking passes solely from the HOA registration desk
- All guest parties must obtain pool wristbands solely from the HOA registration desk
- All guests must comply with the terms and conditions of the HOA guest registration or the respective guest party will not be provided guest privileges
- Guest parties that are accompanying an owner during an owner stay are exempt from the registration fee
- Owners may obtain their personal use parking passes and wristbands directly from the Association office
- Owners are to regulate their behavior in their units to avoid disturbing other residents. No nuisances are to be allowed, nor any practice followed, that is the source for annoyance to other residents.
- Sound from any unit or balcony, as from radios, musical instruments, stereos, television and conversation, is to be such that an annoyance is not created. QUIET TIME IS 10PM TO 8AM.
- Igniting fireworks anywhere on Splash property including the beach and beach access is prohibited.
No unit owner is to decorate any part of the unit or the building so as to change the appearance of any balconies. The following items are not allowed:
- Throwing anything off of balconies is a FELONY OFFENSE. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law, and will be subject to immediate eviction.
- State Law prohibits feeding of birds from balconies.
- Per Local, State, and National Fire Codes, gas or charcoal grills are not allowed on the balcony or in the building.
- Smoking is prohibited on the balcony.
- No sweeping of water or debris from the balcony is allowed.
- The hanging of bathing suits, clothing, towels, rugs, or other items from or upon the railings, balconies or windows is prohibited.
- Residents are to supply the Manager with a key for all exterior doors to their unit. If a key is not available when the Association must enter the unit, the owner will be responsible for any costs, such as cost of a locksmith or door repairs.
- All locks that are replaced must be either a Kaba Lock or a Resort Lock. The owner must furnish the Association with a copy of the Master Key that the Association has for these two types of locks.
- Owners are responsible for any and all violations by their guests. All violations should be reported to the Manager.
- Shade canopies and tents will not be allowed on the beach side of the line of chaises set up by Beach Services. High winds are common on the beach and have sent structures rolling down the beach, causing injuries to beachgoers. Please erect tents or canopies along the fence next to the sea oats berm.
- Tents/canopies cannot remain on the beach over-night, and must be removed by sunset.
- EVERYONE MUST RINSE OFF BEACH SAND AND DRY OFF COMPLETELY BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDINGS.
- Hours of operations are 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Owners and guests only are allowed.
- No one under 18 years of age may use equipment.
- No eating, drinking or horseplay is permitted.
- Fitness Center is unsupervised, user assumes all risks.
- Towels are provided, please put in basket when leaving.
- Owners and guests are not to dispose of refuse on or from balconies, halls, stairways, or walkways.
- Owners and guests are responsible for their own trash removal. Garbage is to be sealed in plastic garbage bags and disposed in the garbage chute on each floor.
- All other items must be removed from the premises by the owner or guest.
- NO GAS OR CHARCOAL GRILLS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING OR BALCONIES.
- Gas grills are located on each pool deck. Please ask one of our Pool Attendants or Security Officers for help in lighting the grills.
- Luggage carts are for the use of our owners and guests.
- Luggage carts are not permitted inside the condo units.
- Please return the luggage carts immediately after use to the storage area on the 2nd floor of the parking garage building.
MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS
- Maintenance, repair and alterations within an owner’s unit should not commence before 8:00 AM and should stop no later than 5:00 PM. Noise from hammering, drilling, grinding and sawing directly on the concrete frame of the building is transmitted to the rest of the building.
- Maintenance and repairs of the condominium building is the responsibility of the Association.
- No work of any kind is to be done on any part of the building that is maintained by the Association.
- Regardless of the responsibility for maintenance and repairs, residents are encouraged to report the need for maintenance work to Splash Management, who can assist in obtaining prompt service.
- Owners and guest are restricted from entering maintenance rooms and electrical closets.
- All vehicles parked in the Parking Garage must have a valid Splash Guest Parking Pass clearly displayed on the dash board or hanging from the rear view mirror, or an owner decal on the windshield. Any vehicle not displaying a valid pass or decal is subject to being towed without notice.
PETS & ANIMALS
- ONLY OWNERS MAY HAVE PETS. Guests are not allowed to bring pets on the property at any time.
- All pets must be held, or kept leashed and under the control of a responsible party at all times that they are on the Common Property.
- All owners of pets shall be held strictly responsible to immediately collect and properly dispose of the wastes and litter of their pets.
POOL, SPA AND WATER PARK RULES
- ALL PERSONS 12 YRS OR OLDER MUST BE WEARING A SPLASH WRISTBAND WHILE USING ANY FACILITIES. ANYONE NOT WEARING A WRISTBAND WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE POOL DECKS.
- Swimming pools and all Splash facilities are for use by Splash Owners and Guests only. Guests using the facilities must be registered, over-night guests (staying at Splash) or accompanied by an Owner. Guest may not invite guests to use the facilities.
- Anyone in violation of the pool rules may be asked to leave the pool decks.
- Children under the age of 12 years MUST BE AT ALL TIMES accompanied by an Adult who is responsible for them. PARENTS: Please don’t leave children at one pool while you are at another, or on the beach.
- THERE ARE NO LIFEGUARDS ON SITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN.
- Due to health risks, children under the age of 3 may not use the spa. Additionally, children between the ages of 3 and 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in the spa.
- Parent/Guardian must be in the spa with the child or sitting on the edge.
- TO INSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR OWNERS AND GUESTS, THIS RULE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- The placement of towels or clothing on chairs, tables or lounges “DOES NOT RESERVE” them.
- Radios, CD players, etc. are prohibited except as used with earphones.
- Infant floats are the only flotation devices allowed in the pools, except the Lazy River.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers in the pool.
- Owners and guest must wear proper swimming attire. Thong bathing suits, cutoffs, etc. are not allowed.
- Glass containers are absolutely prohibited in the pool area.
- EVERYONE MUST RINSE OFF BEACH SAND BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL.
- For any emergency dial 911.
- The onsite security number is 850-960-0157. During peak times of the season, they are on site 24 hours a day. These hours diminish in the Fall and Winter. The Association Office number is 850-588-7707 and is opened 8:00 – 4:00 five days a week.
- Any owner may identify his Unit with a name plate of a type and size approved by the Association and mounted in a place and manner approved by the Association. No other signs may be displayed.
- Splash is a NO-SMOKING RESORT. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all common areas, to include, pool decks, walkways, stairwells, sky-bridges, restrooms, fitness center, lobbies and condo unit balconies.
- Walkways on all floors are not for storing any items. Items left outside a condominium unit will be discarded, this includes items such as floats, buckets, tents, chairs, strollers, etc. We can’t effectively keep the walkways clean if items are located there and they also become a safety hazard for our maintenance staff when cleaning.